4.10.2007

New York, New York!

Tomorrow I leave for a 3 day excursion to New York City with fellow communications majors from Behrend. Thursday and Friday are pretty much packed with communication/marketing related things. I believe I signed up for the following: an NBC Studio tour, an On Location Tour (famous sites around the city), dinner with a Penn State alum who is in marketing, a meeting with a PR firm (not too sure on the name, but it's supposed to be on of the largest in the U.S.), and finally, LOTS of free time to roam. :) I think I'm most excited for the NBC Studio tour and the On Location tour. Maybe I'll see some celebs while we are going around Manhattan... You never know!
I've been to NYC several times and love it more each time I go. There's a certain energy when you're walking around. I'm slightly obsessed with the place. The only negative side of this trip is we're staying in The Meadowlands, New Jersey... a 45 minute bus ride from Times Square. That and we are taking a bus from Erie to the big apple... Soooooo that's no good, but I guess I can't really complain too much. All the free time will be great. Saturday we have until 6 pm to get all the tourist things done like the Empire State Building, Ground Zero, 5th Avenue, etc. I'm hoping we'll get to Chinatown and some of my favorite restaurants. For anyone that has been to the city, have you ever heard of Serendipity 3? The movie Serendipity with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale kind of centers around this restaurant. BEST deserts EVER. I recommend the frozen hot chocolate, but make sure you have atleast 3 other people with you because it's rather large.
Alrighty, I'll be back Monday to round out my last few weeks before graduation. Have a great weekend! Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about a snowball effect. I'm an Erie "transplant" from NJ, but reading your blog brought back a ton of memories.

NYC is truly an amazing experience. Not just for the tourist attractions, but also the experience of just being there. From the distinct screeching sound and echoes of the subway, to the distinct smell of an NYC hot dog vendor cart. And the almost disorienting feeling of looking up at the buildings (though I would recommend doing that discreetly unless you want to put a big sign on your back that says tourist...).

Even the drive from NJ to NYC is something to remember. No matter how many times you drive down route 80, when that skyline appears, it's simply amazing. It was amazing before 9/11 and even more so after.

Don't get wrong, I love Erie, but there's just something about area that you end up missing. I think I even miss driving on the NJ highways in the summer time. Is that sad?