3.02.2007

Getting to Know Me, Getting to Know All About Me...

Ah, the end of the week is finally here. The craziness of Friday is starting to get to everyone, but then again who doesn't get a little restless at this time of day/week? So, to join in, this post is going to be a kind of random, questionnaire type thing. Something fun, like a 50 questions... only not 50 questions. I want to start with my initial thoughts back when I first began my internship here at the 'tank. My very first expectations and what I have come to learn while interning here.

The place: Before I had ever been inside fishtank creative, I had this picture of an office building with cubicles inside. I know, stereotypical of a workplace, but that's what I thought. When I came in for my meeting in the Fall, I was surprised, but also relieved. It relaxed me a lot to come into... well, a vibrantly colored former frat house. Cool, huh?

The people: I was very nervous to come in and interview for an intern position. I had pictured in my mind everyone wearing business suits, being very firm and strict. I was quick to learn that fishtank is definitely not in that realm, which turns out to be a very good thing. Everyone here gets down to business when things need to get done, but they also know that having fun is part of what keeps any job interesting and enjoyable. Right down to being able to wear comfortable clothes, which I love.

The atmosphere: As I said before, when projects need to be done, they are done with the utmost dedication. Things can get crazy, but at the same time it's fun. Just by reading fishtank's blog, anyone can see that. Everyone here gets along and have great relationships with one another which shows in the quality of work. I definitely feel that the fact that we are a smaller advertising agency works as a positive because everyone gets to work together. It seems that with a big corporate agency, you wouldn't have the chance to have that level of closeness with fellow employees. You might not even know who some people are! Can't have that.

Now for a little bit about moi because sometimes I like to talk about myself. Also, just in case anyone was wondering what some of my favorite things are.
Name: Whitney
Age: 21
Hometown: Hershey
Major, Year: comm/media studies, senior
School: Penn State Behrend
Fav. Color(s): purple, red, black
Fav. Food(s): spaghetti, quesadillas
Fav. Drink(s): Miller Lite, frappuccinos
Fav. TV Show(s): Lost, Heroes, Entourage, Grey's
Hobbies: learning guitar, seeing live shows...
I Hate: spiders, large amounts of snow
Fav. Restaurant: House of Blues
Fav. Place: NYC
2 Random Facts: I was a swimmer for 14 years and I hate cheese by itself.

Yea, that was fun. :) Have a great weekend... peace!

No comments: